The purpose of insurance is to provide protection from potentially large financial losses. Whether you're looking at health, dental, disability or long-term care, your health insurance agent, broker or consultant will help you identify the benefit products that will satisfy your needs or the needs of your company. They not only look out for your bottom line, they work to make sure you get your money's worth.
Whether you manage a successful business or work for one, one thing is certain-everyone needs solid health care coverage.
Professional health insurance agents provide the expertise you need to make the right choices. They can help you find the best plan for your particular needs. They are experts who:
- know the market - the best products from the merely adequate
- know the law - state and federal regulations can expose your business to serious liabilities
- know the industry - by completing continuing education courses.
Your health insurance professional will help you:
- review your unique needs - for you or your employees
- learn about carriers and products that can satisfy your specific concerns
- ease the burden on your time by doing the "legwork" for you
- get the most from your coverage after you've bought it.
Independent agents, brokers and consultants work for you--not an insurance company. This ensures that your ongoing needs are their priority.
Where to turn
The country's best insurance agents, brokers and consultants belong to the National Association of Health Underwriters (NAHU), an organization founded in 1930. NAHU members embrace a strict code of ethics and constantly seek to improve their knowledge of health insurance regulations and products through continuous education.
To find an ISAHU insurance professional in your community, use the NAHU online search feature.